Senior Designer (UI focussed)
ROCK AGENCY / FULL-TIME
Melbourne – CBD & Inner Suburbs
About the Company
Rock Agency is an independent communications agency built for today’s world. We deliver channel neutral media solutions, innovative websites, content and branding, all through cutting edge technology platforms.
We are a team of strategists, designers, developers, negotiators and collaborators, and we believe the diversity of our technical skills, backgrounds and styles combine to deliver a superior outcome.
Our agency culture has been built by our team, around our core values:
- Innovation – Constantly striving to find better ways to do what we do
- Integrity – An honest and trusting relationship with our staff and clients
- Energy – A relentless drive to understand, align and get things done
If you would like to know about us and the work we’ve done, visit our homepage.
About the Role
The role of the Senior Designer is to ensure excellence in all design related work produced by Rock Agency. You are responsible for client satisfaction on all design work, and ensuring our product is delivered on time and on budget to clients, error free. As the Senior Designer in the Agency, you will represent the entirety of the design team in any Agency Leadership meetings, with ultimate accountability for the team.
- Technical excellence in design capability to ensure our output is at the cutting edge of the industry
- Managing team and contractors to ensure all work output is of the highest standard possible, irrespective of which individual produced it
- Ensuring all design work is completed within assigned hours, and all deadlines are met
- Ensuring an effective deployment of work across the design team to ensure maximum efficiency
- Be an active contributor towards New Business Development across the agency
- Creation and involvement of pitch documentation for agency as required
- Strong capability in client presentation of creative output
- Detailed understanding of the design teams projects and status at all times, to communicate within leadership meetings
- Develop and manage relationships with external creative suppliers
- Responsibility for Rock Agency’s social media footprint and management
The Senior Designer role requires someone who is comfortable administering feedback, both positive and negative to direct reports. Being clear and unambiguous in managing underperformance, the individual must hold others to the standard set by the agency.
As an agency leader, the individual will also need confidence in presenting design concepts and recommendations to clients, taking client feedback and responding effectively.
The individual must be driven to constantly improve the work produced and demonstrate proactivity in identifying new ways to take the agency forward, profitably. You must lead, inspire and manage your team to be the best in market.
Competitive market remuneration and the opportunity to contribute to the shape of the agency and work with a talented team. If this sounds like you, please reach out with your CV and a short cover note.
Applications close Friday 15th January, 2021 at 5pm.
Submissions: Please submit your interest through the LinkedIn Job Ad.